Position: Contracts Administrator
Spaxel is a vertically integrated owner/operator, developer and investment firm with in-house acquisitions, development and management capabilities powered by best-in-class, bleeding edge technology. We primarily pursue opportunities in value-add and new construction multi-family targeting affordable and moderate-income housing. Spaxel is headquartered in New York with offices in Europe.
Spaxel is led by Managing Partner Granit Gjonbalaj (previously Chief Development Officer at WeWork) and Chairman David Hamamoto (previously CEO and Chairman of Northstar Realty, and Co-Head of Real Estate at Goldman Sachs).
Our principals have collectively raised and managed billions of dollars across the capital stack and collectively developed and operated millions of square feet of residential and commercial assets with extensive ground-up, repositioning and value-add experience. Our principals also hail from top tier technology companies, venture capital firms and tech-enabled RE operators, and our firm is one of the most “digitally-native” within the real estate space with a team of dedicated engineers led by our CTO, a former senior engineering executive at Bloomberg LP and WeWork.
We are a young and lean team. In Prishtine we employ a centralized back office handling tenant support, marketing, leasing, procurement, accounting, IT, interior design and architecture. Our Prishtina talent has years of experience in residential and commercial real estate development and operations. Extended time-zone working hours allows us to effectively respond to issues around the clock. Our young and energetic team manages our properties, people, tenants, and vendors digitally and our deployed technology allows us to run operations smoothly.
Spaxel is looking for a Contracts Administrator to join our team in Pristina, Kosovo.
At Spaxel we work at a fast pace and with a large quantity of legal documentation. Managing over 700 apartment units, with an expansion plan in place to increase the number of apartments to over 2,000 within the next few months, having all legal documentation in place for every tenant in every apartment presents an important challenge which the future Contracts Administrator is required to manage. You will be the go to person for the drafting, electronic delivery, maintenance of lease schedules as well as the organization of all documentation.
While facing this challenge, you will be responsible for coming up with and presenting new ideas of implementing new processes as well as amending processes already in place that are linked to the Landlord-Tenant legal relationship.
You will be working together with the colleagues in the Legal and Leasing Departments, company management as well as will be in direct contact with our attorneys in the relevant locations of our properties.
- Draft, fill in, and prepare all legal documents required for the establishment, amendment, supplement and termination of the landlord-tenant relationship as well as any legal document in relation to any breach of contractual obligations and additional obligations deriving from the lease.
- Draft and maintain all legal templates, process guidelines and flowcharts linked to the legal department in cooperation with respective colleagues in the Legal Department and Company Management and attorneys.
- Serve as a primary point of contact with our tenants on all inquiries pertaining to their leases and all subprocesses.
- Identify, record and present any tenant inquiry and any arising necessities for process amendment and/or review.
- Ensure basic Landlord and Tenant obligations are met, including Safety, Security Deposits and Owner Disclosures.
- Review of all in place documentation in relation to the existing Landlord-Tenant relationships as well as ensuring that our tracking system has the most updated and correct information in regards to the former.
- Review and manage all communication as required including Lease, Default Notices,Notices to Quit as well as any other legal documents.
- Ensure the receipt and execution in full and internal organization of all documentation sent out for signature.
- Track and maintain all interdepartmental relations linked to the legal process and be the catalyst for the efficiency of the completion of those particular processes.
- All other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
- Bachelor's degree in Law or Business Administration preferred.
- 1-3 years work experience in a law firm, within a legal department in a private sector company, or public institution with a focus on legal matters.
- Excellent analytical thinking skills and problem-solving abilities.
- Should exhibit strong organizational and time management abilities.
- Must possess intercultural skills and demonstrate the ability to effectively work with all levels of company personnel.
- Excellent reporting skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Proficient in English.
Instructions for applying
Applicants should send an English CV to [email protected]
In the subject line, please specify the position you are applying for: Contracts Administrator
. Applications will be received until January 15th 2022.