Closing date: Monday, 18 October 2021
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of the National ICT Officer (Service Support), the incumbent will be performing the following duties:
1. Performing equipment maintenance and repair functions for all hardware submitted: a) Checking faulty equipment and proposing a solution following pre-agreed procedures. b) Performing basic and advanced maintenance (including printed circuit board assembly troubleshooting, checking the power supply voltage to the circuit, visual inspection, using a digital multimeter to detect defective components such as a diode, resistance, and capacitance, circuit components measurements, comparing identical and similar circuit boards. The advantage will be to know basic circuit soldering and welding techniques when replacement of the circuit electronic components is required) and repair of all ICT equipment. c) Receiving requests for assistance on hardware problems from other ICT staff, answering standard queries and deciding on appropriate action: the incumbent will be solving problems or provide information to enable callers to solve their problems, or escalates the issue to the supervisor. d) Upgrading BIOS and firmware of end user equipment and infrastructure devices e) Keeping updated versions of BIOS, firmware and drivers for end user equipment. f) Installing software images developed by HQ ICT on PCs and laptops. g) Passing on to the supervisor unresolved problems or requests beyond the responsibility of the post. h) Maintaining accurate documentation (on paper and in a shared computer database) of all repairs, maintenance, spare parts log, warranty etc. cases with resolution details and follow-up information provided. i) In case of urgent issues, completes his/her duties after hours.
2. Acting as a focal point for the day-to-day activities related to the asset management function for ICT equipment: a) Assisting staff on all ICT equipment procurement issues with special attention given to ensure compatible spare parts and consumables are requested, cost-effective methods are applied and resources, both personnel and hardware, are optimized b) Ensuring that OSCE standard equipment is utilized wherever possible. c) Ensuring that equipment warranties are honored. d) Monitoring spare part stock levels for such equipment that is no longer under warranty and informing the supervisor when procurement action is required. e) Proposing appropriate action (repair under warranty, repair post warranty, in-house repair, cannibalize for spare parts, donate or scrap) for all ICT equipment that becomes defective. f) Performing market research, obtaining sample devices and installing hardware for test purposes and documenting results for specific requirements that cannot be met by adhering to OSCE ICT standards. g) Regularly compiling and updating lists for submission of equipment for write-off or transfer to the Local Property Survey Board (LPSB). h) Co-ordinating in-warranty and post-warranty repairs with local service providers. i) Following up on repairs, warranties and LPSB cases.
3. In direct co-operation with ICT Service Desk in HQ, performing basic service desk functions for staff working in the Logistics Compound: a) Following agreed procedures, receives requests for assistance directly from users and in Service Desk ticketing system, records and prioritizes correctly (urgency vs impact) all service request tickets in ticketing system, answers standard queries and decides on appropriate action: either the incumbent solves the problem or provides information to enable callers to solve their problems. b) Visiting the offices of staff members for verification of problems; providing assistance on the use of equipment, standard and specialized office automation software packages (e.g. e-mail, word processing, spreadsheets, audio-visual presentation packages, database applications, Internet browsers, workstation operating systems, printers, scanners, etc.) and ensuring that these tools are used in an efficient and appropriate manner. Managing with the LAN/WAN team user accounts to allow access to centrally managed applications and data files upon written requests from users and supervisors. c) Passing on to ICT Service Desk in HQ unresolved problems; passes on to the supervisor requests beyond the responsibility of the service desk. d) Maintaining an accurate electronic log of entries of contacts with resolution details and follow-up information provided.
4. Responding to instructions or following agreed plans to test, install, upgrade, repair or remove items of hardware and/or software: a) In co-ordination with Human Resources, ensuring that new staff members are provided with ready-to-use ICT equipment. b) Taking part in special assignments for installing or extending the ICT infrastructure to buildings auxiliary to the OSCE Mission in Kosovo Headquarters. c) Configuring and installing new computers in the LAN environment and redistributing existing equipment, this includes configuration of Windows workstations, network printers and scanners. d) Upgrading operating systems and software for all workstations, including virus protection software.
5. Providing 2nd level support and training related to hardware for other ICT staff where OSCE Mission in Kosovo staff members use ICT infrastructure and systems: a) Providing advice and guidance to ICT staff on how to perform trouble-shooting and basic maintenance of end user and ICT infrastructure devices. b) Developing troubleshooting, maintenance and basic repair documentation for all ICT staff in the OSCE Mission in Kosovo. c) Regularly updating ICT staff in the OSCE Mission in Kosovo on troubleshooting, maintenance, and basic repair activities for ICT equipment.
6. Performing other duties as required.
- Completed secondary education, supplemented by technical training on the use of computer applications, hardware repair and/or course work in computer science.
- Four years of experience related to the installation and maintenance of computer and printer hardware, preferably in an international environment; good practical knowledge of current standard Microsoft software packages (e.g. Windows 7/10 and above, Office 2010 and above); expertise of LAN and WAN hardware for maintenance purposes is a bonus, Internet browsers (e.g. Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome), other common office automation software, end user and infrastructure hardware.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and in one of the local languages.
- Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity, and an ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities;
- Ability and willingness to work as a member of team, with people of different cultural, and religious backgrounds, different gender, and diverse political views, while maintaining impartiality and objectivity;
- Computer literate with practical experience using Microsoft applications.
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deductions is 1084.00 Euro/month. Social benefits will include participation in the OSCE Group Insurance Plan (Health, Life, Accidental Disability and Temporary Incapacity Insurance) and the OSCE Provident Fund. Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale. At the discretion of the appointing authority a higher step may be approved up to a maximum of step 3 subject to specific conditions.
Applicants are encouraged to use the online recruitment and only fully completed OSCE applications will be accepted. However, if you have technical difficulties with the system you may use the offline application form found under https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/offline-application form and forward the completed form quoting the vacancy number by e-mail to: [email protected] Kindly note that applications received after the deadline, submitted in different formats than the OSCE Application Form or in languages other than the English language would not be considered.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise/re-post the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
Only those candidates who are selected to participate in the subsequent stages of recruitment will be contacted.
Please note that vacancies in the OSCE are open for competition only amongst nationals of participating States, please see https://www.osce.org/participating-states.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the Organization.
Candidates should be aware that OSCE officials shall conduct themselves at all times in a manner befitting the status of an international civil servant. This includes avoiding any action which may adversely reflect on the integrity, independence and impartiality of their position and function as officials of the OSCE. The OSCE is committed to applying the highest ethical standards in carrying out its mandate. For more information on the values set out in OSCE Competency Model, please see https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/our-competency-model.
Please note that for this position the OSCE does not reimburse expenses such as travel in connection with interviews, tests, visas and relocation.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.
- Requisition ID: SER000003
- Contract Type: Fixed-Term cuwwNiy DY31pH
- Grade: G5
- Location: OSCE Mission in Kosovo, Prishtine / Pristina
- Posting Date: Oct 1, 2021
- External Closing Date: Oct 18, 2021
- Target Start Date: Nov 1, 2021
- Job Type: Contracted
- Job Level: General Services
- Employee Status: Fixed Term
- Schedule: Full-time
- Education Level: High School Diploma / (GED)