As an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations, the federally owned Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its development-policy objectives. It provides viable, forward-looking solutions for political, economic, ecological and social development in a globalised world. GIZ promotes complex reforms and change processes. Its corporate objective is to improve people’s living conditions on a sustainable basis. For more information see: www.giz.de
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, project Fit for Jobs is seeking to fill the position of:
Administrative Officer - Finance / Administration
The overall purpose of the post
To improve the employability of Kosovar young people, individual and organizational capacities of general and vocational schools under the Ministry of Education, Science, Technology, and Innovation (MESTI), the Kosovar Employment Agency (EARK) and the local employment office and private sector enterprises and institutions will be promoted. The active engagement of companies in vocational education, the introduction of school development plans, the integration of labour market-relevant regular and extracurricular offers in secondary and vocational schools as well as the organization and development of the Kosovar Employment Agency (EARK) and the local employment offices support the reforms in the partner organisations. The systemic anchoring takes place through policy advice on the design of strategies, laws and regulations as well as the initiation and monitoring of cooperation mechanisms of relevant state and non-state actors. A special focus of the project activities will be to support the reintegration of returnees. The implementation also draws on the experiences and lessons learnt from two predecessor projects in the fields of basic education, vocational education and youth employment promotion.
The administrative officer will closely cooperate with the financial and contract departments of the country office and with corresponding departments in headquarters and advice the project manager on financial and procurement matters.
Main task and responsibilities
The administrative officer will be responsible for:
- Supporting the Project Manager (AV) in all financial management issues, especially cash management, procurement issues, accounting and receivables management
- Ensuring proper handling and monitoring of all cash flows as well as securing the financial supply of the project including management of bank accounts and the project's cash books including inventory lists
- Regular, comprehensive reporting on the financial status using available reporting formats and IT tools, enabling the AV to anticipate and document the financial consequences of all project activities
- Adapting ON-SITE reporting to the needs of the project and the requirements for project reporting to the Federal Ministry of Economic
Cooperation and Development (BMZ)
- Advising the AV on all questions of budget planning and calculation as well as on the procurement of material goods and services
- Consulting of the AV by processing commercial data and information as a contribution to goal-oriented program management, taking into account legal, contractual and corporate policy conditions
- Coordinating all administrative work associated with financial management, support for other professionals working in the program in carrying out their commercial tasks
- Communicating and networking with all relevant units at headquarters for rapid and efficient handling of commercial processes
- Ensuring compliance with GIZ rules and regulations
- Carrying out specific tasks in connection with knowledge management for the project
- Supporting the external and GIZ internal communication
Required qualifications, competencies and experience
- University degree in an area of business administration, economics, finance and accounting
- At least 5 years of professional experience in finance, accounting and procurement
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Very good knowledge of English; working knowledge of German is an added value
- Good working knowledge of ITC technologies and computer applications (e.g. MS Office), mastering of MS EXCEL is a must
- Strong advisory, analytical, networking, interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Interest and active engagement in the company’s / country office’s structures beyond the own project (e.g., involvement in sector networks; working groups) is highly appreciated
- Integrity, flexibility and motivation are important traits for this position in this project.
Location: GIZ Project Office-Pristina
Expected start date: October 2021
How to apply?
Interested and, suitably qualified and experienced candidates are invited to submit their electronic application in English, in PDF version,
to [email protected]
- CV (Europass template is recommended)
- Letter of motivation
- Diploma(s), references/recommendations
- Subject of the email: Name & Surname – Administrative Officer– GIZ Fit for Jobs
Applications that do not meet these rules will not be considered!
Deadline for the application: 19th of September 2021
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited to the next stage of recruitment.
GIZ encourages female candidates, candidates from ethnic communities as well as candidates with disability to apply.