SENIOR BACK-END ENGINEER
Rubik is a real estate technology company based in New York City. Our team has developed a Real Estate investment platform for large institutional funds in the United States. At Rubik, we are on a mission to redefine the outdated real estate investment industry through using cutting-edge technologies.
Working with our CTO, you will work as part of our back-end team to manage the development and expansion of our data pipeline and data lake which form the backbone of our technology, along with various database APIs which are the building blocks for our customer-facing products.
You will be responsible for expanding and improving our cloud-native data pipeline, maintaining the back-end of our serverless web application and developing scalable RESTful APIs for complex database queries. The hire will also develop and expand testing infrastructure, monitoring and logging systems to ensure system integrity as well as work with pipelines for CI/CD to accelerate deployment speed.
What you will do:
- Leverage cloud-native technologies like AWS and GCP to expand and improve Rubik’s data pipeline to efficiently extract, store, analyze and retrieve large amounts of data as well as to expand the back-end part of Rubik’s serverless web application.
- Evolve Rubik’s Data Lake based on changing business and engineering needs.
- Develop scalable APIs used to run complex queries and operations efficiently on Rubik’s databases.
- Develop various ETL processes for transforming and extracting inbound data.
- Deploy existing Machine Learning models into production and integrate them with the current data pipeline.
- Set up systems for Unit, Integration, API and Automated testing in line with best practices.
- Set up pipelines for CI/CD in line with best practices.
- Set up monitoring and logging systems to track overall data pipeline performance.
- Provide technical leadership and cross-training to peers in areas of your expertise.
We are looking for candidates with:
- 3+ years of relevant technical experience.
- Proficiency in English.
- Computer Science Education.
- Proficiency in Python.
- Proficiency in SQL.
- Experience designing, developing and documenting RESTful APIs
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services (AWS) or other cloud service providers
- Experience working with containers and using software like Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with Agile Software Development methodologies and running CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience working with serverless web applications is a bonus.
- A fast and iterative approach to programming.
- A quantitative and analytical mindset to develop complex systems.
- The ability to communicate effectively with managers and other team members.
- The ability to work independently.
- The ability to learn and adapt fast.
- Fast-growing company backed by prominent investors in the United States.
- Mission-driven culture.
- Competitive salary (with a clear roadmap to further increase), bonuses, health insurance package, stock options & other benefits.
- Happy Hours and team activities.
- Work from home on Fridays.