Position: Software Integration Engineer
Spaxel is a vertically integrated owner/operator, developer and investment firm with in-house acquisitions, development and management capabilities powered by best-in-class, bleeding edge technology. We primarily pursue opportunities in value-add and new construction multi-family targeting affordable and moderate income housing. Spaxel is headquartered in New York with offices in Europe.
Spaxel is led by Managing Partner Granit Gjonbalaj (previously Chief Development Officer at WeWork) and Chairman David Hamamoto (previously CEO and Chairman of Northstar Realty, and Co-Head of Real Estate at Goldman Sachs).
Our principals have collectively raised and managed billions of dollars across the capital stack and collectively developed and operated millions of square feet of residential and commercial assets with extensive ground-up, repositioning and value-add experience. Our principals also hail from top tier technology companies, venture capital firms and tech-enabled RE operators, and our firm is one of the most “digitally-native” within the real estate space with a team of dedicated engineers led by our CTO, a former senior engineering executive at Bloomberg LP and WeWork.
We are a young and lean team. In Prishtine we employ a centralized back office handling tenant support, marketing, leasing, procurement, accounting, IT, interior design and architecture. Our Prishtina talent has years of experience in residential and commercial real estate development and operations. Extended time-zone working hours allows us to effectively respond to issues around the clock. Our young and energetic team manages our properties, people, tenants, and vendors digitally and our deployed technology allows us to run operations smoothly.
Software Integration Engineer
Spaxel is looking for a Software Integration Engineer to join our team in Pristina, Kosovo.
At Spaxel we work at a fast pace. When things get in the way of team or business progress, the Software Integration team steps in to remove those roadblocks. The team identifies time-consuming internal processes and then builds solutions that are reliable and scalable enough to work within the size and scope of the company. You listen to and translate business needs into high-level technical specifications, design and develop recommended systems, and consult with CTO and business stakeholders to ensure smooth implementation.
You will be working directly with our CTO, IT and business teams to see projects all the way from conception through implementation and deployment. Company already has a lot of cloud-based subscriptions, the role requires that the programmer will make sure to connect platforms with APIs or any web service to ensure data consistency and data synchronization between cloud-based platforms. Whether integrating systems or automating manual processes, you will help the Spaxel team work faster and more efficiently.
We're proud to invest in engineers that want to be pioneers in changing the development and property management industry.
- Design, build and deploy integration solutions to support our business, collaboration, service delivery, space management, data and business intelligence among others
- Work closely with business owners and CTO to translate business requirements into technical solutions
- Maintain highest levels of development practices including: technical design, solution development, systems configuration, test documentation/execution, issue identification and resolution, and writing clean, modular and self-sustaining code, with repeatable quality and predictability
- Build scripts and web services that would connect and push data between cloud applications
- Build a monitoring tool that would allow the IT team to monitor the status of the web-services and the data synchronization
- Identify any error or data mismatch that would happen during the synchronization.
- Build internal solutions, with custom front ends (web, mobile) and backend services that automate business processes
- Use source control for all development work to assure quality and repeatability
- Document and maintain the deployment, start, stop and monitoring processes for all developed systems in business continuity plan (BCP)
- Have general knowledge on Network and IT Infrastructure
- Ability to multi-task based on the changing company priorities
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Programming experience in Java, C++, C#, Python, Ruby, Node.js or comparable
- Experience with Web Services (RESTful, SOAP) and API integration
- Working experience with MySQL database and SQL language
- 2-3 years of relevant work experience developing business applications, system integration and/or IT development
- Experience implementing, customizing and/or integrating third-party applications within business enterprise software
- Understand software implementation lifecycle (e.g., analyze, design, build, test, implement, support)
- Excellent communication and analytical skills and a demonstrable bias toward action
- Working experience with git, svn or other modern source control systems
- Knowledge in Cloud platforms like Google Cloud, AWS, AZURE etc.
- Good knowledge for IT infrastructure: Server, network etc.
- Must possess intercultural skills and demonstrate the ability to effectively work with all levels of company personnel
- Excellent organizational and reporting skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- The ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
Instructions for applying
Applicants should send an English CV to [email protected]
. In the subject line, please specify the position you are applying for: Software Integration Engineer. We will contact only short-listed candidates.
The job ad will be open from February 24th, 2021 to March 23rd, 2021